Should these players be banned?

Anything in general you would like to discuss?

Should these players be banned?

Postby toobsock » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:56 am

They all had income increases of either $200,000,000 or $100,000,000 exactly overnight.

What's your opinion?

Pretty sure it's hard to "glitch" a perfect amount in the game.

I've pretty much given up on any of the GTA $ related leaderboards, but this is pretty blatant and I doubt it was their intention.

0potcheaters.png
0potcheaters.png (458.13 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
toobsock
Site Admin

Re: Should these players be banned?

Postby cruisn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 pm

I could be wrong about this but I believe this is due to how R* collects the data after a recent modification. At some point, they started to round off some of their stats. For example, my social club stats show I have a kdr of 1 even though it's actually 1.61. So in the kdr instance, they not only rounded but truncated the value too. So perhaps those income numbers are showing as exact figures because R* has defined the ranges so that if you earn an income of >$100 mil but less than $200 mil it goes to the default value of $100 mil. This is just my guess. What do you think?

It's your call. I know tons of people have been doing those recent money glitches, including myself a little xD, so it's tough to say.
cruisn

Re: Should these players be banned?

Postby toobsock » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 pm

cruisn wrote:I could be wrong about this but I believe this is due to how R* collects the data after a recent modification. At some point, they started to round off some of their stats. For example, my social club stats show I have a kdr of 1 even though it's actually 1.61. So in the kdr instance, they not only rounded but truncated the value too. So perhaps those income numbers are showing as exact figures because R* has defined the ranges so that if you earn an income of >$100 mil but less than $200 mil it goes to the default value of $100 mil. This is just my guess. What do you think?

It's your call. I know tons of people have been doing those recent money glitches, including myself a little xD, so it's tough to say.

Second set of eye balls helped, Thank you!

Not going to ban players who are using money glitches...
toobsock
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion